The Importance of an Engagement Session
Engagement sessions are a great opportunity to celebrate this unique phase of life.
It’s great to practice before the wedding day! For me, I want the portrait process to be as synergistic as possible, and so having some time to work on posing together as well as get a feel for your taste before the big day is essential to the process.
You learn to trust me. Trust is so essential to my relationships with my clients and when my clients see that I understand them, and that I know how to make them look fantastic in their photos, we can get down to the business of making great photos.
It’s just plain fun. Engagement photos are a great excuse to put aside the stressful parts of planning a wedding and just enjoy one another and have some fun together… and you get to use the photos for save-the-date cards, guest books and other pre-wedding items to make your special day even better.
- Stay away from small stripes, they can cause movement in the photos
- For spring and summer, muted tones work great as do bold colors and patterns
- For fall and winter bold colors like yellows and flannels stand out well against the fall and winter foliage
- Coordinating is ok, but don’t over do it. Accessories in the same color of his shirts work well or vice versa
- Engagement sessions are a great time to have your hair and makeup done before your big day. I highly recommend hiring someone to do it as they can help you look your best without the stress of trying to do it yourself
- Stay away from clothing with logos (like GAP), they distract from you. We want you and your love to be the main focus
- Bring a couple outfits if you can’t decide between them
- Layer your clothing so you have different options
- Be yourself and don’t worry posing (I will guide you through that)
For some ideas on what to wear, you can look at my pinterest board here.